Causes of Crooked Teeth
- Low tongue resting posture and non-functional swallowing
- Restricted airway and mouth breathing
- Cranial strains, stresses and tensions in the head and neck area
- Poor diet
Why is ALF Orthodontics Different?
The ALF appliance encourages proper tongue position and function by stimulating it to the top of the mouth, augments cranial motion, is airway focused, and subtly creates the natural space required for ALL the teeth and helps to reorient the cranial bones and muscles prior to leveling and aligning the teeth.
In essence, the ALF encourages the muscles, bones, and teeth in the cranial complex to reach their more complete genetic potential.
In Quantum ALF (advanced light force) orthodontics, the ALF appliance and treatment address the underlying causes of “WHY” the teeth are crooked.
Who can benefit from ALF?
- Children ages 4-14 who need orthodontics
- Children with crooked teeth, crossbites, deep bites, overbites, underbites and buck teeth
- Anyone that wants to improve tooth alignment
- People with previous orthodontic treatment that included tooth extractions or headgear
- People who experience TMJ problems
- Mouth breathers, kids with sleep disordered breathing
ALF Orthodontics Can Help With:
- Poor concentration
- Speech delays
- Sleep disturbances
- Facial formation
- Chronic headaches
- Feeding issues
Who is a Candidate for ALF Treatment?
- Growing children who have crooked or crowded teeth, underbites, overbites, crossbites and an inability to breathe through their nose
- Children with sleep disordered breathing
- Anyone that wants a holistic approach to gaining straghter teeth, wants to avoid extractions and the stress of rapid palatal expanders in traditional orthodontics
- The ALF therapy treats the root causes of certain health conditions such as bed wetting, snoring, allergies, and hyperactivity and at the same time, straightens teeth!